The International Symposium on Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy and Physiotherapy in Intensive Care, is the major event on this medical specialty, and takes place regularly every two years. Its first edition was held in 1983. The realization and organization of the event is under the responsibility of the Brazilian Association of Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy in Intensive Care – ASSOBRAFIR – which along with its partners, elaborate the scientific program as well as the logistics of the event, making it always a success.
Since the early 1980s, there has been an increasing interest in Physiotherapy, and the Physiotherapist became part of the multidisciplinary team, characteristic of the hospitals and intensive care units. In 1983, the First International Symposium of Respiratory Physiotherapy took place in Rio de Janeiro, congregating 2.000 participants. Thereafter, we have experienced a history of continued success.
- 1984 – II SIFR – Rio de Janeiro/RJ
- 1986 – III SIFR – Recife/PE
- 1988 – IV SIFR – São Paulo/SP
- 1990 – V SIFR – Belo Horizonte/MG
- 1992 – VI SIFR – Curitiba/PR
- 1994 – VII SIFR – Salvador/BA
- 1996 – VIII SIFR – Rio de Janeiro/RJ
- 1998 – IX SIFR – Fortaleza/CE
- 2000 – X SIFR – Gramado/RS
- 2002 – XI SIFR – São Pedro/SP
- 2004 – XII SIFR – Ouro Preto/MG
- 2006 – XIII SIFR – Curitiba/PR
- 2008 – XIV SIFR – Recife/PE
- 2010 – XV SIFR – Porto Alegre/RS
- 2012 – XVI SIFR – Rio de Janeiro/RJ
- 2014 – XVII SIFR – Salvador/BA
The objective of the event is to promote technical and scientific development of Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy and physiotherapy in Intensive Care, through the Exchange of experiences among participants from Brazil and other countries, promoting a debate among researchers, professionals, students and professors from this professional Field.